Are You the Bug or the Windshield?
Author: Pastor Gary Keesee | Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 - 6:13pm
It might be an old analogy, but it’s a good one: Are you the bug or the windshield? Here’s how you know.
You’re the Bug if:
- You’re getting hit and smacked around
- You’re stressed out and overwhelmed.
- You have no hope.
- You’re waiting for the next hit.
Are you always worried about what will need repaired next, which kid will get in trouble next, or how long before your husband loses “this” job?
- You’re just surviving.
Are you living paycheck to paycheck? Are you constantly worried about the next car payment, the next mortgage payment, or how you’re going to by groceries next month?
- You’re living in the past.
- You hang around with people who aren’t driving their own car.
Are you letting the devil, your family, or even your well-meaning Christian friends who are losing in life keep you in idle?
- You’re not dreaming anymore.
Do you wonder where the time has gone? Do you wonder what happened to the life you thought you were supposed to have? Are you self-medicating to escape today?
You’re the Windshield if:
- You know you have a God-given purpose. Even if you don’t know exactly what it is yet, you know that God made you unique for a specific assignment.
- When hard things come at you, you know that you are more than a conqueror.
(Romans 8:37) You’re persevering; you can’t be moved by the things that come against you.
- You know you’re not alone driving the car.
Nothing can separate you from the love of God. (Romans 8:35-39)
- You have stories of going through “swarms of bugs” and them smashing against your windshield. (Luke 10:18-19)
- You’re moving forward.
You don’t have to be the bug. God is in you and He wants you to win in life. He has anointed you to drive someplace, but you’ve got to take the wheel and drive your life.
You can’t be passive. Be the windshield. Even if you’re covered by the debris the enemy has been throwing at you as you tear through his territory, keep moving forward.